August 30, 2007
May 19, 2006
March 22, 2006
February 9, 2006
I redesigned and updated the website, changing the
look and adding a few new areas (some new tutorials, downloads and
gallery). If you find any broken or missing links, please let me
July 15, 2004
- ambientLight, creator of
seamless photograpic texture packs and 3d models, is having a summer sale
until July 31st. Add to that the 10%
special discount offered to Render-Lab visitors, and you get a really
February 21, 2004
- Many thanks to Nici for translating my "Setting up dynamic clothing
for a sitting pose in Poser 5" tutorial into German. You can find her
translation at www.nicinet.de in the
February 5, 2004
- Uploaded a tutorial about using Chikara Kojima's PolyTools plug-ins.
February 2, 2004
- CK Game Factory (Chikara Kojima) has come out with a great plug-in pack for trueSpace 5+:
PolyTools. It includes 17 plug-ins for only $20. The free version (which has
a limit of 200 polys) can be downloaded at PrimitiveItch
Game Factory. It's definitely worth a look, the plug-ins are very
December 12, 2003
- Added the "Simulations" part to the "Getting around in
trueSpace 5 and 6" tutorial. Thank you Nigel
Doyle for writing this section!
July 28, 2003
- TrueSpace 6.6 is shipping!
June 25, 2003
- Caligari has
announced that trueSpace 6.6 is scheduled to ship on July 7, 2003.
May 7, 2003
- Added the animation parts of the "Getting Around" tutorial. Big
thank you to Nigel Doyle (3dkiwi)
and James Diel (RimRunner)
for contributing this part!
March 25, 2003
- TrueSpace 6.5 is released!
March 12, 2003
- Kerlin Softworks
has put together a suite of image utilities in one package. It includes
Eleblend and Ripple Rain, which used to be commercial plug-ins. The other
software included in the package are Gradient Thief, UT Screenshot Assistant
and Mosaica. This suite can be downloaded for free, and is supported by
donations. Thank you to Kerlin Softworks for their great programs and their
- Steve Cox's UVMapper now has its own forum! Click here to visit
the forum where you'll be able to discuss and learn about texture mapping.
- The latest release date for trueSpace 6.5 is March 15, 2003.
- I updated the luuv tutorial. I changed a few things and included
information about texturing Victoria 3's eyes inside trueSpace.
February 16, 2003
- The release of trueSpace 6.5 has been pushed back to the end of February,
- The luuv
plug-in for trueSpace has been updated. The new version has several
improvements. Go to the web site and download it!
January 30, 2003
- DAZ has announced
that the base version of their new DAZ Studio prior to the release of
version 1.0 will be available as a free beta. This free version renders
imported Poser 4 .PZ3 files. Posing, animation, model import and other
features will follow later. Eventually DAZ Studio will be a modular program,
i.e. customers will be able to choose and buy those components that they
need, among them dynamic hair and cloth-authoring.
December 20, 2002
- DAZ has released
Victoria3! This is a much higher resolution model than Vicki2 and it seems
that the joints are better. Just look at the pose with the arms lifted above
December 17, 2002
- Caligari Corp. and Curious Labs, Inc. announced a new
partnership. Hopefully this will lead to an improved integration between
trueSpace and Poser.
- Caligari Corp. has also announced a technology
partnership with Primitive Itch, maker of (among others) Motion Studio.
December 9, 2002
- The update for the MetaObjects plug-in for trueSpace is out and it looks really good. It was included in the dePak, so if you have this pack,
go to the dePak
page to download the update.
December 7, 2002
- Special discount on ambientLight's seamless photographic texture packs and
3d models for our visitors! See details on
the Resources page.
- The Luuv tutorial is now available as a zipped PDF file. Go to the
Tutorials section to download it.
December 6, 2002
- New in the Downloads section: an excellent IBL light library for trueSpace
5 and 6 provided by ambientLight!
December 4, 2002
- An announcement from Primitive Itch:
"GalloSoft has ceased operations and has generously released
ShaderMagic and Infinity2 as freeware. You can get them from
the Primitive Itch website here:
Many thanks to GalloSoft for sharing these wonderful
plugins! (Just don't bug them for tech support.) [ :) ]"
- Another recent event: Sisyphus will no longer publish plug-ins, so
TrueParticles will no longer be available. See the company's website: